Friday, February 13, 2009

Cruella Update:

This woman took 4 days to get back with me to set up a meeting with her and the principal. We are meeting next Wednesday morning with her, the principal and myself. I just don't think she gets it. She seems to think this is a meeting to discuss Chase; when in actuality we are meeting to discuss her! I just want her out of our lives, she sends me an e-mail this week chastising me for sending Chase in tie shoes instead of Velcro shoes! (His velcro shoes were in the wash and this was the first time he has ever worn tie shoes to school) In the time it took her to write and send me the message, she could have tied his shoes, instead he comes out of school tripping over the laces. She then sends a behavior report home with a note stating that Chase had bad behavior for putting a toy in his mouth! I will be lucky if Chase stops sucking his thumb by the time he is twenty years old, he has huge oral sensory issues! Honestly, this woman grates on every last nerve I have.

p.s. The dogs all survived, but I probably went thru a whole bottle of Resolve carpet cleaner and Clorox Clean Up cleaning up their messes!

Jane

3 comments:

Jane and Jim said...

Well thank God the dogs are ok and thank God you can HOPEFULLY get this woman out of your life!
She's ridiculous to chastize him for putting a toy in his mouth. Just teach him no, that's what she's there for right? to teach children??? Sorry, she's a dumbass.
I wish you the very best of luck - Chase needs support not criticism.

Lauri said...

ugghh.. that teacher reminds me of this one teacher I worked with for 10 years.. she was in her 50's and from Ireland. She was downright mean to the kids.When kids in my class graduated to her class.. they would cry.

Parents seemed to like her for some reason.. I can't believe she was never fired.


I would demand he be moved... to chastise him for behaviors that are appropriate is just silly. Some kids are just very oral.

my two cents..which you probably already know.Stick to the facts... take notes of instances and copy those emails. Take the higher road.. don't say " you never". Don't do that... even if it is true. Avoid any type of personal or judging comments, just say that you feel chase's needs would be better met in a different class environment. Not everyone gets along and it is obvious chase and this teacher are not a good fit.

Susan said...

Does Chase have any "official" diagnosis from the doctors? Anything at all that you could use in this meeting? You need to tell the principal that you want special ed testing done b/c you want to pursue getting Chase an IEP and if he doesn't qualify for special ed services, you are going to pursue a 504 for Chase. Chase is entitled to be in the LRE (least restrictive environment) and this woman's class is not the LRE.

After you overwhelm Cruella with the special ed testing and the 504 paperwork perhaps she'll be willing to put Chase in another room.

But really, this is not the best placement for Chase and you need to focus on that in the meeting. Not any personal issues with Cruella but the best placement for Chase. And if that approach doesn't work then pursue the 504 so that Cruella has legal guidelines that she MUST follow.