Wednesday, August 29, 2007

We Made it to Moscow!

Well, we made it to Moscow barely! It was just about the worst flight you could have imagined. A nine hour flight, a five year old having meltdowns about every 30 minutes, a three year old who is a wild child, lots of pee, poop and puke, but we made it. Dalavia airlines is pitiful! Very unhelpful with children and seem totally put out by even having to serve them, it was just an absolute disaster, but we certainly left them with the memory of us with all the mess we left behind. It just cracks me up when they ask you if you want chicken, fish or meat? Then when you tell them you want the chicken, they are out of it and then when you ask what kind of meat, the answer you get is "meat", whatever that is supposed to mean, my guess is mystery meat, so I passed on dinner, but of course my kids ate it like it was no tomorrow. Gail is having her own meltdown tonight, so I am enjoying a bit of quite with her napping on the couch and the kids asleep to world in the next room after getting them both baths and washing the filth off of them and showering all the kids pee, puke and poop off of me! Yuck!

My agency finally called at 2 in the morning on Monday and they tried to tell me that they had not received any of my messages and blah, blah, blah. Well I was not in the mood to argue at 2 in the morning, I just told them to get us out of here asap. We are leaving for home on Saturday! Yeah!

Well you asked for it, so here are pictures of the children:

Caroline:


Her Hollywood shot:



Chase:


Chase's favorite activity: Eating!

3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Jane - They are precious!! I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible flight. Nothing like a little bit of stressed in an air tight container, huh? I hope your flight from Moscow is much more calm. Just think - you're so close to your own bed! Have a great rest of your trip.

Deb said...

So glad to see pics of the kids. They are so cute. Are the bio siblings? I don't remember.

So sorry your flight was bad. I'll start praying now for your flight home. Hopefully you'll all get some good rest in (hopefully) a bigger hotel room.

Rachael said...

Just think of the flight home as an ordeal you must bear. You WILL get through it!! (I kind of thought of it as the labor at the end of my paper pregnancy. It was exhausting -- and I only brought 1 home!). So glad you have Gail to help and that you get to come home early. YEAH!

The kids are adorable.