Sunday, August 26, 2007

Here's Gail's Version:

Hello Again To Everyone:

Still here in Biro. Going on 14 days and it is not a resort community.

This is hard!!! but we will endure. Leaving here Wed. Morning and not
soon
enough. The only good thing about this are two little kids, Caroline
and
Chase. So far, they seem to be adjusting as well as expected. Last
nite
was the first time for both of them to be with us overnite in a 150 sq.
ft.
hotel room. Do any of you remember what it's like to have a 3 and 5
year
old around. All I can say is that it's better to be the Aunt now.
Here's a
Russian factoid: pickle juice is good for the brain. After drinking
vodka
with Lula and Nina, they wanted us to drink pickle juice-we obliged.
Some
things that I will never want to see or hear again: cutlets,hand
washing 13
days of laundry, a country that continually smells of BO, hotpots in
hotel
rooms, dirty kids that I want to hose down, towels that are thin as
silk,
borscht and continuous Russian TV. Give me a Chicago pizza and a
bottle of
Michelob and I will be a very happy camper.

Well enough for now. Again thank you for all the responses. All of
you are
my link to civility. Jayne and I are getting by on our sense of humor.

Love,

Gail

1 comment:

Becky and Keith said...

Hope you are on your way somewhere right about now! :-)