Monday, August 13, 2007

One more Day!

Well, I can't believe the time is finally here to leave for Russia to pick up my children! It has been a whirlwind week with all the last minute things to do and packing, but I am ready!! Of course it wouldn't be Russia without some last minute hitches. The coordinator in Russia called last week to tell my agency that I needed an updated homestudy! Mine expires on August 23rd, my courtdate is August 20th and apparently they felt that was cutting it too close. So, after frantic calls to my social worker, she said "relax, don't worry, this is soooo Russia". She got it done in 2 days and even sent it to Austin for me to be apostilled! Did I say I have the best social worker in the world??? Love you Tammy!

I am picking my sister Gail up at the airport late this afternoon and we will probably go out for Mexican as I need to get my fix before heading to Russia, after that we need to watch "Big Love" and then one more night in my home without kids! Wow, I can't believe this is finally happening after almost 3 years!

I have two more things to do: Get the car washed so it is nice and clean for when we come home and get a manicure and pedicure. So I am off. My next post will probably be from Moscow.

Thanks to all of you for your sweet comments and private e-mails. I am so feeling the love!!!

Love you all,

Jane

11 comments:

kate said...

have a fantastic trip! (what a great sw you have.) looking forward to your on-the-road posts.

Anonymous said...

Jane I am so excited for you and can feel you bursting with joy!! Ican't wait to hear more and see their beautiful pictures!!!

your SBP!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Wow - It's here!! Have a safe trip and we can't wait to hear more!!

Becky and Keith said...

Safe travels! I'm so exciting for you!

Anonymous said...

Jayne!!
Congratulations! I am thrilled for you! After all of this craziness finally comes the prize.
Be sure to stop by the office with the kids to show them off. We look forward to meeting them.
Jeri

Deb said...

Praying for safe travels and an easy court.
So excited that you are finally on your way to bring home your children. Have Fun!

Rachael said...

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait until you're back in Moscow with internet to fill us all in.

When I was in Moscow with Katya alone, I was dying to email and blog and fill everyone in, but my only internet was in the hotel lobby and I was at Katya's mercy to let me for a few minutes at a time.

I can't wait until you do the big name reveal!

Jeff & Maria said...

ENJOY, it is at long last your time. Thanks for inviting all of us bloggers along for the trip. We will be cheering you all the way.
Maria

Tami said...

Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Yay Jane! I'm so excited that your travel day has finally come. I'm praying for your travels and will look forward to seeing pictures of your children!! How exciting! Have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip- can't wait to hear all about it!
I just posted a good luck message at the IA board...