Monday, March 03, 2008

My little girl is six years old!

"Mama, I'm not five years old anymore" is the first thing she said when I woke her up this morning. She is having a great birthday celebration. Yesterday was the party that almost wasn't. Caroline was sick on Saturday and I really wasn't sure if she would be well enough for the party on Sunday, but after pumping her full of emetrol and pedialyte, she made a good enough recovery for Sunday. The party was a great success and best of all, Caroline had a blast! It was so much fun for me and all the other mom's to watch. Everyone is just amazed at the progress she has made in the past six months. We had a good turnout, about 10 kids came, even her Kindergarten teacher came, which was the perfect amount and she received such wonderful gifts, she kept saying "thank you, spasiba" (trying to keep a little of the Russian language alive!) Here's some pics of the day:





That's Chase in the red striped shirt who is doing amazingly well this past week and did fantastic at the party! Yeah, we may have turned a corner!

Tonight I am taking them out to dinner and then more presents and cake at home. Wednesday is my birthday, so we have a lot of celebrating to do this week.

Jane

3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Love Caroline's hat! :-) She's a little diva! I'm so glad you had a great week with Chase. Have a very, very happy birthday with your babies! :-)

Troy and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!! She looks amazingly cute on the table in her hat!! Glad Chase is doing well also!

Rachael said...

Oh, happy birthday to Caroline and to YOU too!!! She looks adorable in her little birthday outfit.

I don't know what happened, but for some reason your recent posts never showed up in my bloglines. I guess I have some catching up to do.