Saturday, March 08, 2008

Great, Terrific, Awesome, Fantabulous Week!

Both my kids had a great week at school. Caroline came home with a "Bravo" which is I guess equivalent to having a good and productive week at school. There are not many weeks that she doesn't get them, but it's just recently that she appreciates the specialness of it. Before, she could of cared less, probably because she really didn't understand it, but now, she comes running up to me on Fridays and is screaming "I got a bravo, I got a bravo"! Her teacher allows them to do something special on Mondays if they got a bravo, they can either bring a stuffed animal to school, take their shoes off and wear just socks in the classroom or bring something for show and tell. Caroline got a new stuffed animal for her birthday, so she already has that in her backpack ready to go for Monday.

Chase had a fantastic, record making week; he only had one time out on Monday!!!!! We are so used to measuring his days by how many time outs he gets per day, that this is incredible news! No one can figure out what is going on with him, he is just doing so much better. His doctor, his therapist, his teachers and myself are just confused as just a couple weeks ago it seemed like his behavior was just getting worse, but now he is listening, obeying, being incredibly helpful and is just a joy to be around. I don't know if I'm feeding him something different, if its the Omega 3 fatty acids or being home for 6 months is a magic mark for him, but I'll take it and be thankful for every moment of it. It may start up again and this coming week could be a disaster, but for now I'm totally enjoying it! Yeah for Chase!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Yeah for both of your kiddos

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Good news about your great week with both kids at school! Happy birthday to you and Caroline, too! I'm glad to hear things are going so well! :)