Monday, March 02, 2009

"My Last Day of Being 6 Years Old" by: Caroline

Me: "Caroline, this is the last day of your 6th year."

Caroline: "Mommy, this has been the best year ever!"

Me: "Well, why do you say that?"

Caroline: "I never had a birthday at the Detsky Dom, and now I have a BIG family who loves me and I love them. I have 3 doggies who love me and I get to eat a lot of sausage; oh and I know I will get lots of presents!"

This girl just oozes sweetness. She is simply delicious!

Here is Caroline's referral picture, I have no idea how old she was in it, I am guessing about 3 years old:

And her recent school picture:


Tomorrow I will have a seven year old! That is just so hard for me believe. She is so excited about her birthday, that is all she can talk about. She gave me strict instructions on what kind of cupcakes to bring to her class tomorrow, as well as what kind of cake she wants. She planned the menu for her birthday dinner, and no she didn't ask for sausage! She wants filet mignon, baked sweet potatoes and caprese salad! This girl has developed into quite the foodie.

Since this is a big birthday week for our family, mine is on Thursday, we decided to celebrate this coming weekend with a trip to San Antonio to see Shamu! We'll be staying at a beautiful resort and spending Saturday at Sea World with reservations to have lunch with Shamu! Hopefully he won't have us for lunch! We are so excited. Stayed tuned for more birthday bash pictures from tomorrow.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy, happy birthday to you and your sweet little girl!!! And, what impeccably good taste she has, but...if she wants filet mignon for 7, you best save your money for sweet 16. Diamonds? Pearls? Mercedes? lol.

AdoptaMama said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Caroline! And to your mama, too. I hope seven is your best year yet! :)

Jane and Jim said...

Here's hoping you both have a wonderful day - and of course, Chase too!

HaPpY BiRtHdAy toooooooo you!!!

She's truly a beautiful child (inside and out!)