Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Birthday Girl

Yesterday, Caroline turned seven years old. As soon as she got out of bed, she instructed Chase and I to only refer to her as "the birthday girl". And she in turn only referred to herself as "the birthday girl". The entire day we got to hear her say "the birthday girl would like to eat sausage and eggs for breakfast", "the birthday girl has decided she does not have to make her bed on her birthday", "the birthday girl would like to wear her birthday tiara to school please" and my favorite; "the birthday girl has to go potty"! Caroline had a great day, she did wear her tiara to school, she received lots of presents and birthday wishes and she got her favorite cake amoung many other things. Everything a seven year old could want. This morning she woke up and told me she needs to "go back to normal, she wasn't the birthday girl anymore".

Since tomorrow is my birthday, I think I will only refer to myself as "the birthday girl" and I wonder if Caroline will let me borrow her tiara?

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Happy Birthdays - Birthday Girls! You should refer to yourself tomorrow as the birthday girl and ask for the tiara!! We want a picture of that!! Caroline is growing into a beautiful young lady!

Lauri said...

Happy Birthday to both of the Birthday Girls

Rachael said...

So cute. Yes, I agree, you've got to steal her lines.

Jane and Jim said...

Happy Birthday to you both! YES, by all means... you MUST wear a tiara on your big day.

Tatya said...

I know I am late, but anyway. Happy Birthday my dear Caroline!
Here is my e-mail: tatya2011@yandex.ru. I will be happy to keep in touch with you, Jane. I miss all of you very much!!!