Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The ultimate 2 week wait!

Only 14 more days until we leave! Now the time is really starting to drag. I've got just about everything ready to go, all I need to do is pack. I got the car seats, ended up getting the Britax Marathon as those seemed to work the best with the kids sizes and also my car; now I just need to find someone to install them. I've alerted the bank to start gathering the fresh money, they always get a kick when I tell them I need "clean money". Got the dog sitter scheduled to stay at the house. I still need to finish "baby proofing", I did get all the outlet covers done and the door knobs done, but I still have to do the cabinets and drawers. My BIL Larry keeps asking me when am I going to do that, and then he ends the question with how difficult it is, and how he couldn't wait to get those things off when his boys were old enough. So I know the reason I am procrastinating is because of him. Gail is coming down the day before we leave for Moscow so we can both leave out of DFW, she is also going to stay a few days after we return to help us get settled. She has promised to make pies for us when we get home, I will hold her to that, if you have never tasted my sister's pies, they are AWESOME!

I spoke with my agency today and there is a family who is currently in Birobidzhan for their court date. Apparently it went very well, but the judge did not waive the 10 days which is very unusual for Biro; I really hope that is not the trend and we do end up with our 10 days waived; if not, we will survive, but it sure would be nice to get home sooner.

Kate asked for pictures of my shopping spree, it's hard to see them all folded and ready to be packed, but here they are, you'll get a much better idea when the kids can put on a fashion show for the camera!

That's it for now. Hurry up the 14th!!

Love, Jane

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh Jane, you are a good shopper, I see.

Love that lamp on your daughter's dresser -- too cute.

Now, I hope you are as good of packer as you are shopper. It's tricky getting all that stuff to fit. (And I hate that the international weight limits are 50# instead of 70#).

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Yea!! You are getting so close! I would be beside myself-I'm sure everyday is dragging on, but it sounds like you are getting a lot done! Recently, I've talked with several people who said you can take a car seat to a fire station, and they can help you install them properly in your car. Good luck with your preparations! Two weeks will be here before you know it!

kate said...

Thanks for the pix--and I can't wait for them to be modeled for us! You look like you're READY to go...and ready to come home.

Your local fire department will be more than happy to install your carseats if you drive over there. (Oops, Michael and Carrie just suggested that. I second the idea.)