Sunday, August 03, 2008

Creative Visualization?

It has been hot, hot, hot here in Dallas. We are in the middle of a Texas heat wave; today it is supposed to be 107 degrees! It's too hot to play outside, the pool feels like bath water; I've even investigated having ice delivered to cool down the pool, but it would take 4000 lbs. of ice to cool the pool 10 degrees! So we are trying to find things to do in the house to stay out of the heat. Caroline and Chase have decided that maybe if they think and play like it's cold outside, maybe it will happen. Every day they haul out all their winter stuff, hats, boots, gloves and play like they are in the snow, making snow angels in the hallway, creating snowmen with their large "Hippity Hops" and decorating them with stickers, pretending to have snowball fights with small balls by pelting each other with them! Anything that has to do with winter fun, they are recreating. Here is how I found Chase the other day:




In other news; we are coming up on our 1 year anniversary as a family! We just finished our 1 year post placement visit. It is so hard to believe that one year ago, my sister Gail and I were packing and finishing up last minute details to bring these kids home! It's almost two years to the date that I got my referrals for these beauties, what an incredible journey this has been.



I've decided that we'll be celebrating our "Family Day" on September 1st as that is the day we came home. Not the anniversary of our court date, I really didn't feel like a family on that day. For all you parents that are home, how did or would you celebrate your day? Did you have a big party? Did you celebrate with just your kids? Let me know some of the traditions you have incorporated into your special day.

Jane

2 comments:

Rachael said...

We celebrated the coming home day too. I do think that's truly when you feel like family. We kept our day low key: I intending to make a full Russian meal for the family, but Katya wanted blini. So blini it was. I guess now we'll have family-blini day. Assuming I can remember how to make them next year, that is!

Happy family day to you! That first year goes by so fast!

Becky and Keith said...

Almost a year, huh? I can remember reading about you and Gail on your trip!! How exciting! I don't have many ideas for you - something fun though! Of course with 107 degree temps it sounds like outside is out of the question!