Wednesday, June 04, 2008

School's out for Summer! Kind of!

Today was kind of bittersweet. Both kids had their last day at school today, but for Caroline it will be short lived, she starts summer school on Monday. Her same Kindergarten teacher will be teaching it, but it will be at a different school. Caroline's actually really excited about it; she loves school, doesn't have a clue what summer vacation is and she loves her teacher, so it's a good thing! She'll also repeat Kindergarten next year and really be at the top of the class coming in, so I'm fine with it.

Chase also had his last day and I just looked at him today and am amazed at the progress he has made (really both kids). When I think back to last September when we first arrived home, and all Chase knew to do was hit me, bite me, kick me and pinch me; along with screaming Russian swear words at the top of his lungs. To see him sitting and watching a movie with his classmates, consoling another boy who was crying and helping his teachers put the room together for a party, was absolutely amazing to me. What a long way this kid has come! I stayed for the party and was given some pretty cool gifts from the teachers. They put together scrapbooks for each child with some of their artwork and also pictures that they had taken of Chase through the past 5 months. I scanned some of my favorites and here they are:

Here is Chase sitting in the front of the fire truck, refusing to get out!


This is Chase swinging exactly the same way he did when I met him at the Desky Dom


Doing his favorite activity: Eating!!


Getting into the astronaut outfit on a field trip to the planetarium

No comments: