Sunday, January 13, 2008

I've created a monster!

Ever since Caroline has been home, I have always told her that she is pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, etc. It didn't take her long to start standing in front of her mirror saying: "Mama, I so pretty", "Mama, I gorgeous", which at first I thought was oh so cute, but now I tell her that we really don't say those things about ourselves but we say them about other people, that they are compliments and you should say "thank you" when someone says that to you. That went over like a lead balloon as she is still saying it. Yesterday was Caroline's first birthday party she has ever been invited to and it was held at Libby Lu. If you click on the link it will tell you all about it. OMG, she is now a certifiably self loving, narcissistic 5 year old! And I am going to pull my hair out! Here are some pictures from yesterday:










It really was a treat for both Caroline and myself. I got to stay and watch all the fun, and really see Caroline in an evironment other than at home and with just me. She still needs some social skills training, i.e. eating her ice cream with her hands when she couldn't find her spoon (not very princess like!) and picking her nose with wet, blue, glittery nail polish! but she is doing great!

In other news: Daisy's tumor came back benign! Yeah!! She is doing fantastic and healing up very nicely.

6 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Oh, she is such a beauty!! I have heard that Libby Lu's is absolutely wonderful! I'm glad she had a good time and I'm SO glad Daisy's tumor is benign! What great news!

Jane and Jim said...

Yay for Daisy!! I'm sure you're so relieved to hear that good news.
Caroline is gorgeous - I think it's good to have confidence - as long as she knows that she has to be beautiful inside as well as out.
You are very lucky -
Now, how's that crazy boy of yours??!

Troy and Rachel said...

Caroline looks like she had a fantastic time and she really does look like a princess!! I am glad to hear Daisy is doing well and that the tumor was benign.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Caroline is so cute, and it looks like she loved the princess party! She is a beautiful princess! I'm glad she had fun!

I'm happy to hear that your dog is okay.

Rachael said...

It looks like a very fun birthday party! She's a cute little monster! ;>

Tatya said...

Your Pearl and Diamond are wonderful! I miss them and you very much!
Tanya, Birobidzhan