Thursday, January 10, 2008

Daisy's doing well!


Daisy did well with her surgery yesterday and is at home resting comfortably. The vet called about 11 am yesterday and told me the tumor had doubled in size since he first found it only 10 days ago. He removed it successfully and it has been sent to pathology for examination and we will get the results back tomorrow. Please pray it is benign as the vet thinks it is. Daisy was put in "puppy icu" for the rest of the day and was heavily sedated. We went to pick her up about 5 pm and Chase and Caroline went with me. They got a tour of the vets office, got to see the sick pets along with Daisy and also the boarded ones. They took Sasha, a boarded Golden Retriever out to play with them in their back playard while I spoke with the vet about Daisy's post op care. I think Chase now wants to be a veterinarian, he was just fascinated with all of it, Chase and Caroline have come a long way since the blood curdling screams at the sight of my dogs when we first arrived home.

Daisy did well her first night home, I think I slept with one eye open on her all night. I've been dosing her with pain meds q 8 hours to keep a constant level in her system so she hopefully won't have any breakthrough pain. So far it's working. The vet could not stress enough to me how painful this recovery is and I think he said it about 10 times, I cried every time he talked about it!. My poor baby, I pray everything is smooth sailing for her now.

4 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh - I hope Daisy continues to do well! I'll be praying for her!! Glad the kids are liking the dogs better now. I hope Chase does better in the new class!! Glad Caroline is doing well also. Let us know how Daisy is doing!

Rachael said...

Poor puppy. My dogs are like my babies too, so I understand. Hopefully all will be well soon.

Jane and Jim said...

Oh, little angel dog - I'm glad the scary part is through now.
Get well Daisy!

Becky and Keith said...

I'm so glad she is doing goo! I love the e-collar. My dog, Tyler, had one once and the poor thing was so short that each time he tried to walk up the stairs, the ecoller would catch on the step and he'd face plant into it. I hope Daisy is feeling better, or at least heavily medicated!