Thursday, November 01, 2007

Tick or Tweet!

In the essence of absolute truthfulness, I need to confess why I have been such a bad blogger over the past several weeks: I have been sick, sick, sick! And being that I am a self diagnoser and self medicator I thought surely I could cure myself, but that has not worked and I will actually be making a trip to the doctor tomorrow to finally get better, this has been going on over two weeks and I have been a horrible person and mom to be around! Enough is enough!

Yesterday was Caroline and Chase's first Halloween. Caroline had a parade at school in the morning and then when she came home we got back in our Halloween costumes and went trick or treating, or as Caroline calls it "Tick or Tweeting". They had so much fun. Caroline was a Fairy and Chase was a Dinosaur. A little about Chase's dinosaur costume. My sister Gail made this costume for her son Steve almost twenty years ago; after Steve wore it, his brother Chris wore it and after that it was put up in the back of a closet for the past 18 years! Well, when Chris came down for Chase's birthday a few weeks ago, he brought it with him for Chase to wear. I have to say, it is so, so cute and Chase looked adorable in it. I wanted to take credit for making it, but that credit belongs to Gail, and she deserves it. Hopefully Gail will scan and get me the pictures of her kids in it so many years ago and I'll post them to show this now "heirloom" costume! The next generation to wear it will probably be Gail's grandchildren! I'm sure she'll choke when she reads this!!

Here are some of the pictures from the day!


5 comments:

Rachael said...

They look very cute.

Hope you are feeling better STAT.

Jane and Jim said...

They are both so adorable. What a neat story about the dinosaur costume -

Get better soon, it sucks to be sick!!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

They both look so cute!! I'm sure it was so much fun taking them trick-or-tweeting!! :)

kate said...

They look great! Both their cossies are SO cute!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Becky and Keith said...

What little cuties! I love dinosaur story... how great to have something to pass down from generation to generation!