Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Another week of waiting

Well, another week has passed and still no travel dates; I guess the 5 to 6 week time frame I was given back in March is not going to happen. I am probably the only person who loves Mondays, as that means the work week has begun in Russia and maybe, just maybe, we might get some good news! I spoke with my agency late last week and their best guess is accreditation will happen the end of May. In the meantime, they are trying to to process the three families in Birobidzhan as independent adopters. This would mean that we essentially don't have an agency representing us, although our agency still does all the work, whatever.

I am willing to do anything at this point, including just flying over there and waiting it out in the Hotel Vostok in Biro. I do feel kind of sorry for these agencies as they really cannot take on new clients until this mess is cleaned up and without new clients, they have no revenue coming in. My agency is having to lay people off and rent out part of their space in their office just to keep the lights on! It amazes me how far reaching the consequences of this delay is having. Nothing else new to report. Thank you all for your e-mails and prayers; I am sorry I have not responded to everyone, I will try and be better going forward.

I do have some new babies to report on, here is what has set up home on my courtyard. At least someone is having babies around here!!!

1 comment:

mommyto5 said...

Just found your blog on soulfoadoptionforum. My prayers are with you that you get a court date soon to return to get your precious children.