Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Almost Christmas

Christmas is right around the corner. This is probably one of my favorite times of year yet I am so engrossed in whipping this house into shape to welcome these children home that I have done nothing to get into the spirit of the holidays! My home is remodeling central, I have hardwoods about to be installed in the bedrooms, children's furniture is scattered all over the house. I am waiting for my housekeeper to remove the current furniture so we can move the kids furniture into their rooms; it looks like a tornado has hit it! It is driving me a bit crazy as I can't stand all this disorganization. I will be spending the holiday in Chicago with my sister and her family, so at least I can be away from it for awhile and don't have to look at it everyday. I am wishing for a Christmas miracle that while I am away, all of Santa's elves will sneak in and put the house together!

I have not heard any word on when my court date may be, I am still hoping for mid January as they indicated while we were in the region meeting the children. I still have so much to do, learn some Russian, train the dogs, just about everything I should have been doing over the past 2 years!

I wish all of you a happy holiday season and a healthy and happy new year!

Jane

No comments: