Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

The kids had a great Christmas despite a lot of medical drama going on in our family right now. We got some unexpected visitors for Christmas eve and Christmas day and the kids had so much fun. They are having cousin withdrawal right now. Here's some pics of our Christmas:

Chase and his cousin Jack in Chase's new sleeping bag.  (who knew a sleeping bag and flashlight could bring so much joy to a 6 year old!)

The cousins on Christmas eve. 

An incredible Christmas eve surprise; Dallas got it's first white Christmas in 110 years!  Here's Caroline putting out food for the reindeer:

Christmas morning:  "look what I got"

The much asked for "Rebecca", oh this was one happy girl
Posted by Picasa

Hula Hooping! (Ignore the tree in the background, this was the kids and dogs tree and I let them go to town with decorating it!)

Just so cute


I don't know about any of you out there who have children from Russia, but I just couldn't help thinking of all the other orphans we saw in the desky dom's who didn't get to have a Christmas like this and are probably still there.  As much as I like to say I am the lucky one who was blessed with Caroline and Chase, I have to say, they were equally as lucky to have been chosen to get a terrific family who adores them. 


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Robins' Nest said...

They have grown so much since I last checked in with your blog. The Christmas pictures are great!

Jane and Jim said...

Christmas with children is the VERY best!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

By the way, I LOVE that the dogs and kids got their very own tree - I may steal that idea for next year!

Becky and Keith said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! The kids look so happy on Christmas morning and you're right... it's hard to not think about all of those faces you saw at the orphanage. Hope 2010 is a wonderful year for all of you!

Anonymous said...

I just checked in for the first time in a while. I hope everything got worked out as well as could be expected, with the laptop.
It is so true that while you are blessed to have your children, they are equally blessed, if not moreso, to have you. Why is this never mentioned???
Hope all is well with your bunch.
Best,
Jen