Monday, June 08, 2009

A very sad loss for our family

On May 30th, my beloved brother in law Larry passed away. Although he had been ill for some time, we are all so very sad about his passing. He was so much more than just a BIL to me, I had known him for over thirty years and he was so much fun, he was one of the kindest people I know and had the most loving spirit. I am so disappointed that my children did not get to know him as the Larry that we all adored. I was out of town all of last week for his funeral and to spend time with my sister and her sons, Caroline and Chase were with me. It's so hard to explain death to them, they don't quite get it. When I told Caroline that her Dja Dja Mischka had died and went to heaven, she went running into Chase's room and told him that Dja Dja Mischka went to "Kevin's house"! Too funny. When we went to the wake, Chase wanted to know why Dja Dja Mischka was sleeping in the box, he wanted to wake him up! Godspeed to the best brother in law; and as my sister always says... Pass on the Larry love.

4 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss of your brother-in-law. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Rachael said...

So sorry for your loss.

Troy and Rachel said...

Your family is in my prayers.

Becky and Keith said...

Jane, I'm a bit late, but I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know, based on past posts, how awesome Larry was and I know he's very much missed. Your family is in our prayers during this difficult time!