Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just a whiney post

I have been is such a funk lately and just can't seem to find anything worthy of a blog post, so I am just going to vent about all the trials and tribulations of what's going on:

. This economy sucks! Yes, I know we're in a recession and all, but I just feel paralyzed to do anything, I want to plan a summer vacation, but feel so uncertain of my job situation that I just can't do it. We are so due for a "real" vacation, I love visiting family and staying there, but having to make my own bed and clean up after myself does not constitute a vacation in my book. (No offense to you Gail, I know you feel the same way).

. I think Chase is outgrowing his dosage of ADHD medication. His behavior has been awful lately and it is wearing on my everlasting last nerve. A call to his pediatrician is warranted and I just need to put it on my "to-do" list. He does have an awesome teacher now and she is so calm and just tells me that we'll give it a week and if things don't change, we'll put our heads together and come up with a plan. I don't know what medication she takes, but I want some of it!

. I have a new blackberry phone with all these fancy features on it and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to download the pictures I have taken. I know I should just contact blackberry, but I just don't want to.

. Because of my first issue (see above), I am not inclined to buy a new house here in Austin right now and the thought of going through a Texas summer without a pool in the backyard is almost excruciating. I know, I am spoiled and my problems could be so much worse.

. My absolute fantastic, wonderful, kind (insert any other great adjective here) brother-in-law is back in the hospital with more complications of a this horrible, insidious, ravaging (insert any other awful adjective here) disease. It just breaks my heart to see what is happening to him and my sister. Godspeed to an end of this suffering.

. I am sick of broken, lost, missing piece toys! And I know this is probably a mommy mistake, but I have indulged my kids with lots of toys in addition to the ones they have received as gifts from family and friends. But dear Lord, if I find one more truck with no wheels, batteries pulled out, arms broken off, naked doll with "I guess I lost her clothes response", broken crayons, markers with no cap, absolutely no remorse, couldn't care less attitude toward it all, I am going to lose it! I had no idea that we have a third child living in this house named "not me", as in "who did it?, not me". I took the drastic step of taking all of Chase's toys away this week related to #2 above and have made it clear that he will have to earn them back one by one. So far it is Thursday and he still has no toys.

. I am tired of my 5.5 year old having to wear pull ups at night and still soaking thru them and the rubber sheet protector and having to wash and remake beds almost.every.day. And before you tell me to get pull-ups that don't leak, the only ones that I have found that do that are the Kroger brand and the closest Kroger is 200 miles away.

Okay, this post could go on for days, I have many, many more gripes, but I will stop and try to get on with my day. Oh how I wish it was 5 o'clock here! And yes, I do know it's 5 o'clock somewhere, but I'm just not in the mood for Child Protective Services to show up today!



4 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh Jane, I don't want to laugh but your comment about it being five o clock somewhere cracked me up. Boy, we all have times like these and they can be so frustrating. Hang in there and vent away! We don't mind reading all about it.

Jane and Jim said...

You sound like you need a good long massage! Sorry you're feeling so down...vent away!

Rachael said...

My advice: find a new best friend who has a pool! It's not the same as one in your backyard, I know, but better than nothin'! We don't have one either, but we are summer regulars at my cousin's house down the street!

Maybe you can find a great last minute get-away steal this summer and get your vacay afterall. Fingers crossed.

Becky and Keith said...

Oh, my dear... your post is so real and so freaking true!! :-) Like Rachel, I laughed at the 5:00 somewhere comment. I live 3 miles from a Kroger - what kind of pull-ups and what size? I will gladly get them and send them to you in bulk - just say the word. We have entered the world of late night in the bed potty breaks and it's irritating after 4 months dry. My only advice... breathe deep and wine. :-)

Serious about Kroger... let me know!