Wednesday, June 27, 2007

We're lining the animals up two by two!

I am sick of rain! It has been raining here in Dallas nonstop for the month of June, there is flooding all around us, my pool looked like it was about to spill over until I drained several inches of water off of it today. I am sick of fishing toads out of the pool! One went to toad heaven the other day and thank goodness Jose was here to do the yard and he got that one out, I wasn't about to touch it. The pond is spilling over. The dogs hate to go outside in the rain, heaven forbid they get a drop of water on their paws, they might just melt! Daisy I can understand (Hurricane Katrina survivor, had her share of water then) but the other two are just being doggy divas. They look so bored, I wish they could color, that's a great rainy day activity! The air conditioning in my house went out today, I am waiting on the AC people to call me back to let me know when they can get over here and fix it. We may have to go stay at a hotel if the weather gets too hot and they can't get over here until next week. There's not much you can do outside with all this rain, so after looking at Katia's room, I decided I didn't like the quilt I originally got for her and found another one that I like better; look below and I posted some pictures of their completed rooms, her's with the new quilt.

Nothing too new on the adoption front. My agency is not very forthcoming with information so I glean most of the updates on reaccreditation from other's blogs and various chat sites. It does appear that 12 agencies have gotten word that all their paperwork has been approved and are awaiting their accreditation certificates. As soon as the certificates arrive, they will forward them on to the regions and hopefully courtdates will be set. There is some indication that the certificates will start arriving next week, so we all have our fingers crossed that this is the case. Keep those good thoughts and prayers coming.


Love, Jane


Katia's new quilt











Pasha's finished room:


I couldn't resist posting this silly one:

Rosie on Toad Patrol over the pond

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Jane, the rooms are adorable, and I do hope the rumor is true regarding accreditation and you can bring back your little Katia and Pasha soon to fill them.

Regarding the name Katya/Katia: in Cyrillic, they spell it "Катя" and the "я" is their letter "yah". So I suppose you could spell it either way: Katya or Katia. Everyone seems to mispronounce it in the U.S. anyway (Kat-ee-a, instead of the correct KAHT-yah). Actually, our Katya stopped correcting people, and actually kind of likes being called Kat-ee-a, so if you're going to go that way, Katia might make it easier on everyone. Anyway, it's a great name, with lots of nickname variations, both Russian and American.

kate said...

Their rooms look fab! I love the new quilt on Katia's bed.